Does Success Come with these Challenges?
General Dynamics continues to win high-profile military contracts, including a recent contract to produce, test, and deliver IM-SHORAD systems.
While such growth is viewed as positive, it comes with challenges too. Scaling up a workforce, integrating operations, and accounting for logistics needs are only a few of the challenges to contend with on top of the reoccurring problems teams at General Dynamics deal with daily. Among these are:
- Supply Chain Complexity created by limited visibility in seeing the true reality of entire extended supplier network in terms of capacity and material availability
- Line of Balance Analysis that allows clear visibility into supply chain alignment and unit delivery in order to monitor the predictability of delivery and revenue
- Engineering Changes being managed in multiple systems which then makes it difficult to determine the impact of such changes on the supply chain
- Forecast Adjustments due to schedule changes that become extremely time consuming when trying to accurately predict resulting outcomes
- Product Complexity created by part variations or engineering change orders that complicate managing bills of material (BOMs) for multiple programs
- Supplier Performance without benchmarking that makes measuring supplier performance difficult especially under Indirect Spend categories
For operations, procurement, and engineering teams at General Dynamics, working with the right supply partner can do much to alleviate the stress associated with these challenges.
View Other Successful Programs Liberty Has Participated In
Collaborating to Overcome Challenges – A Case Study
It wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that a brake light cable would be a relatively straight forward assembly to build and install. But in a demanding military application where a watertight seal must be maintained, there are a number of challenges that must be overcome.
This case study illustrates how Liberty engineers worked with General Dynamics to create a reliable and accurate final product without increasing cost or lead time.
Successful Program Experience
Among the General Dynamics programs Liberty has helped make successful are:
- M1126 Stryker Combat Vehicle
- M2/M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
Additional ground vehicle experience includes:
- M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank
- Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicle
- M109 Paladin Self-propelled howitzer
…plus other developmental programs.
To see a full list of programs Liberty has participated in, go here. For questions about these and other programs, please contact our dedicated General Dynamics team, Mark Cessar, Troy West , or George Allman. For all other inquiries, use the form in the right column.
All information contained herein is intended exclusively for current employees of General Dynamics and is not meant for public consumption or for parties outside of General Dynamics.
MIL Cable Assembly
MIL Cable Assembly
MIL Cable Assembly
CONFIDENTIAL – Do Not Share This Information
EXPORT CONTROLLED DATA: This material may contain technical information whose export is governed by the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). This information must not be transferred to a foreign person/entity without the prior written approval of the U.S. Department of State.
Defense Information Protections – NIST SP 800-171 – DFAR 252.204-7012. In order to receive CDI information from Liberty Electronics, Inc. – Suppliers CDI systems shall meet the requirements of NIST SP 800-171 and DFAR 252.204-7012
Wired for People
Our belief in the value of people throughout the procurement and production process means building quality relationships also results in the best quality products.
Wired for Life
Our products are made knowing that a life depends on them to perform, which fuels a strong commitment to both the integrity of our products and how we do business.
Wired for Challenges
Our years of proven competence in solving complex challenges makes us a true consultative partner, not just another supplier.
Wired for Your Success
Competent, committed contract manufacturing wired for your success.
Liberty’s Dedicated General Dynamics Team
Mark Cessar – Sales Engineer
(724) 636-5646 (C)
(814) 432-7505 x 109 (O)
Troy West – Program Manager
814-432-7505 x143 (O)
George Allman – Engineer
(814) 673-2677 (C)
(814) 432-7505 X129 (O)