What Are Your Challenges?
Already recognized as the 4th largest defense contractor, Northrop Grumman appears poised to continue their trajectory of growth. The Defense Department has recently awarded contracts to Northrop Grumman for several long-term programs including a new stealth bomber and a new intercontinental ballistic missile. As a result, the company is actively recruiting to scale up to meet this new demand, and they are in critical need of engineers and those with operational experience in advanced manufacturing.
While such growth for Northrop Grumman is, no doubt, positive, scaling up a workforce, expanding operations, and accounting for logistics needs are only a few of the challenges to contend with on top of the reoccurring problems teams at Northrop Grumman deal with daily. Among these are:
- Supply Chain Complexity created by limited visibility in seeing the true reality of entire extended supplier network in terms of capacity and material availability
- Line of Balance Analysis that allows clear visibility into supply chain alignment and unit delivery in order to monitor the predictability of delivery and revenue
- Engineering Changes being managed in multiple systems which then makes it difficult to determine the impact of such changes on the supply chain
- Forecast Adjustments due to schedule changes that become extremely time consuming when trying to accurately predict resulting outcomes
- Product Complexity created by part variations or engineering change orders that complicate managing bills of material (BOMs) for multiple programs
- Supplier Performance without benchmarking that makes measuring supplier performance difficult especially under Indirect Spend categories
For operations, procurement, and engineering teams at Northrop Grumman, working with the right supply partner can do much to alleviate the stress associated with these challenges.
View Other Successful Programs Liberty Has Participated In
A Proven Relationship
30 Years of Commitment to Northrop Grumman’s Success
For over 30 years Liberty Electronics has demonstrated its commitment to making Northrop Grumman’s programs successful by delivering on a number complex programs.
Previous programs Liberty has delivered on for Northrop Grumman include:
- AFSM – Automated Flat Sorter Machine
- F-18 Hornet– Large transceiver harness assembly
- GLTD – Ground Laser Target Designator
- LAMPS – Light Airborne Multi-purpose System
- LANTIRN – Low-altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared System
- LLDR – Lightweight Laser Designator Rangefinder
- M1A2 – Abrams Main Battle Tank
- MK-VII – Eye Safe Laser Target Locator
- Sire – Sight Integrated Rangefinder
- SOFLAM – Special Operations Forces Laser Marker
- TADS – Target Acquisition Designator Sight
- Talon – Lase Target Designator
- Viper – Lightweight multi-band laser for infrared countermeasures
All information contained herein is intended exclusively for current employees of General Dynamics and is not meant for public consumption or for parties outside of General Dynamics.
CONFIDENTIAL – Do Not Share This Information
EXPORT CONTROLLED DATA: This material may contain technical information whose export is governed by the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). This information must not be transferred to a foreign person/entity without the prior written approval of the U.S. Department of State.
Defense Information Protections – NIST SP 800-171 – DFAR 252.204-7012. In order to receive CDI information from Liberty Electronics, Inc. – Suppliers CDI systems shall meet the requirements of NIST SP 800-171 and DFAR 252.204-7012
Wired for People
Our belief in the value of people throughout the procurement and production process means building quality relationships also results in the best quality products.
Wired for Life
Our products are made knowing that a life depends on them to perform, which fuels a strong commitment to both the integrity of our products and how we do business.
Wired for Challenges
Our years of proven competence in solving complex challenges makes us a true consultative partner, not just another supplier.
Wired for Your Success
Competent, committed contract manufacturing wired for your success.